No sooner had I finished my "Postponed" post, and started to catch up on today's posts by other bloggers, when I read about this on I'm So Vintage:
I read about it, I loved it (which was easy enough, because I started on this path a couple years ago), several of my intentions involve simplifying, and I've pledged to it.
What does it entail? It's simple: living simply. Here is how Kanelstrand: Simple Living for Human Beings describes it:
What is Simple Living?
- Identifying what is most important for you and eliminating everything else.
- Freeing up time for doing what inspires you and being with the people you love.
- Decluttering your mind, your everyday life and your virtual life.
- Single-tasking and learning to diminish stress.
- Striving to live frugally by wanting less and buying only what is necessary.
- Slowing down and being actively present in the moment.
- Living a healthy life, including cleaning your home and your body, eating, exercising and thinking.
- Striving to be green and sustainable as much as your surroundings allow.
- Enjoying the simple pleasures of life.
- Simplifying your goals, tasks and expectations.
Does this appeal to you, or, perhaps, already align with how you're living? Consider taking the pledge, and making a public commitment, and sharing what you're doing with others who might be wanting to make positive, simple changes in their lives.
Love and light,