“Good, good, good, good vibrations.” The Beach Boys’ catchy song evokes light-hearted thoughts of fun, laughter, smiles, summer, sunshine. It’s a feel-good song.
“Raise your vibration” is a true New Age notion, and I consider it a spiritual practice. It means to rise above – not in the sense of being better than someone or something, rather, by elevating your thoughts out of the negative and into the positive.
It’s a feel-good practice.
Oprah has referenced it many a time, and every weekday, Mike Dooley’s Notes From the Universe offer up concise bytes intended to raise vibrations sky-high.
When you raise your vibration, the benefits include happiness, high motivation, clear thinking, and peace of mind.
What’s not to love about any of those?
5 Ways to Raise Your Vibration
1. Turn off the news. “No news is good news” takes on new meaning in this context. The news is, oftentimes, full of fear-inspiring, worry-provoking, highly-sensationalized reports and images. News is ratings business. You can keep up with the news in less upsetting ways that won’t weigh you down.
2. Be kind. Any act of kindness and compassion will create an immediate two-way superhighway of good vibrations.
3. Be accountable. If you make a mistake, own it. Don’t make excuses for it. Don’t try to project it onto someone or something else. And don’t beat yourself up for it and/or let anyone else beat you up for it. Just take responsibility for it, apologize if you must, do what you can to fix it, let it go, and move on.
4. Abstain from gossip. Enough said.
5. Take care of yourself. Eat well, keep hydrated with water, get plenty of rest, move your body. While very basic, many of us neglect our well-being in the busyness of life. Put yourself first, and you’ll be amazed by the results.
Can you think of another way to raise your vibration?